Free State Firebirds,
It is with a lot of hope and excitement that we are looking towards the start of the 2020-21 sports seasons! While we are still uncertain as to when Summer/Fall sports will begin, we are going to move forward with the registration of Free State student-athletes (both returning and new to Free State sports). For this process, we will continue to utilize Register My Athlete (www.registermyathlete.com), an online registration system for all student-athletes. The site allows parents/guardians to create an account for their student-athlete(s), including medical history, and either electronically sign or upload the documents required for student-athlete participation.
Please note the KSHSAA Physical Form has changed; therefore, do not use the copy provided by your healthcare provider. Instead, please print the new form from either this post, access the form via the “More” tab (under ‘Forms’) on the Free State Athletics website, or from the Register My Athlete website. Furthermore, the Lawrence Public Schools Athletic Insurance Compliance Form still requires authorization by a Notary.
The Free State Athletic Department (including coaches) will no longer accept hard copies of the required paperwork student-athletes are required to submit prior to trying-out/participating on an athletic team.
If a student-athlete does not complete the online registration process, he/she may NOT participate in a sport until doing so.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to re-register my student-athlete every year?
- No, you will update his/her medical history and “re-sign/re-upload” the applicable paperwork for that school year.
Do I have to register my student-athlete for him/her to be eligible for Summer workouts?
- No, the registration process is only required for student-athletes to tryout/participate during the designated season.
If I know my son/daughter is going to try-out/play a sport next Fall, can I go ahead and register him/her?
- Yes, however, keep in mind that the KSHSAA Physical Form must be dated on or after May 01, 2020 in order to be valid for the 2020-21 school year.
If my student-athlete is planning to try-out for a multiple sports, should I select those when completing the initial registration/updating process?
- Yes, please check all sports that you believe your son/daughter will tryout for in the 2020-21 season.
If my student-athlete is going to participate in a Winter/Spring sport(s), can I go ahead and complete the registration process?
- Yes, however, a completed registration is not required until one week prior to the start of the season. Having said that, the earlier you complete the registration, the better (and less for you and your student-athlete to worry about prior to the start of the season).
Do I pay the athletic fees via Register My Athlete?
- No, the athletic fees required to participate are not paid through Register My Athlete; rather, they will continue to be paid directly to Lawrence Public Schools.
Is there a step-by-step guide to help me register my student-athlete?
- In addition to accessing the site at www.registermyathlete.com, you may access a step-by-step registration guide by clicking on the links provided below.
- Please note the registration guide may also be accessed under the “More” tab.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
- In addition to contacting the Register My Athlete Support Team, you may contact Amanda Faunce (Athletic Director) or the head coach of your child’s respective sport.
2020-21 Free State Athletic Department Dates
New KSHSAA Physical Form
Register My Athlete Registration Instructions
Let’s Go State!